A root cause analysis template is a document used by companies to conduct root cause analysis. A root cause analysis is performed when a problem has occurred. A root cause refers to obstacle in your business success. It is known as root cause because it is determined as the underlying reason for the problem at hand. When the problem occurs, the root cause is identified and then handled by the management. Moreover, root cause contains the following;
- Human or machine error
- Failure of materials
- Errors in procedure
- Manufacturing issue
- Failure in logistics
When the management determines the root cause then they select an RCA technique to get rid of it. There are different tools available to alleviate your situation. Some of these tools are used for problem-solving, some for identifying issues, and some for supporting the process. You may also like Value Chain Analysis Template.
How to perform a Root Cause Analysis?
A root cause analysis is used to boost the quality of your products or services. It makes sure that you recover a solid workflow and it should be performed in a step-by-step fashion. For each technique, it is important to follow the proper hierarchy. You can use different techniques for finding the primary problem. You should follow the below hierarchy;
- Find the problem
- Collect as much data and input as possible
- Find the causes
- Locate solutions
- Perform actionable strategies for the modifications you seek
- Give yourself enough time to see if changes task hold.
If you are new to do a root cause analysis then write down the above steps. After that, try to work things out on paper first; it gives you idea of what you are looking for. This assists you in choosing perfect procedure to conduct your real root cause analysis.
Processes and methods of Root Cause Analysis:
By knowing more about root cause analysis, you will uncover more techniques. Conducting RCA might be confusing for the new ones. However, when you follow a few basic hints and tips concerning processes and methods, you will able to conduct a successful RCA.
You should gather most data from informed team members so that you can get best possible results. Therefore, gather the best team. Make sure that the people who will be handling the elimination of the primary problem will be present. They also have strategy for solving the problem. Here is the basic outline;
- Select those team members who are from the departments affected by the problem. One member of team should be assigned delegate duties.
- Don’t hesitate to gather data from customers and branch managers. If none of the member familiar with the RCA process, you hire RCA consultant to lead the team.
- You should keep yourself up to date with milestones and within time-frames. Usually, RCA’s take 2 months to complete whole process. This includes;
- Gathering data,
- Brainstorming sessions
- Assembling data into possible actionable strategies.
- Here patience and keen observation are important. Detection of positive change depends on the scope of the issue. You should also check Data Analysis Report Template.
Simple Root Cause Analysis Report Template
Root Cause Analysis Template Excel
Root Cause Analysis of Illness
Root Cause Analysis of a Sharps Injury Report
Root Cause Analysis Investigation Report Template
Root Cause Analysis for Hospital Acquired Pressure Injury
Root Cause Analysis RCA Template
Free Root Cause Analysis Template
Cause Mapping Template
5 Whys Root Cause Analysis Template
The cause mapping method for RCA:
For conducting RCA, many management teams use the cause mapping method. It is a simple, efficient, and 3-step method. It engages the use of an easy-to-read visual map. Likewise Fishbone method, it develops a cause and effect relationship among variables to find the primary problem. The fundamental hierarchy of the Cause Mapping method includes;
- A precise definition of the primary problem. It also states how it affects the objectives of the company.
- Find the causes and analyze them.
- In the form of actionable strategies, establish solutions to implement. You may also see the Training Needs Analysis Template.
In conclusion, a root cause analysis template used by organizations and companies in order to do the root cause analysis in an effective way. Performing a root cause analysis enhances efficiency and increases the profit of your business.