An authorization letter to sell property is written by the property owner to specify that he authorizes a specific person to sell his property on his behalf. To access, identify, and sell off the property, the property owner hands over a power of attorney to a third person. This letter should be drafted by the property owner when he would like to sell his property.
However, sometimes due to various reasons, the property owner can’t be able to handle the transaction physically. In such a situation, he can authorize some other person such as his friend, family member, or a lawyer to handle the sale on his behalf. Additionally, an authorization letter is an effective tool to get the sale of the property. This letter is also accepted legally. You may also like Rental Property Management Template.
Parties involved in selling a property:
Usually, three parties are involved in the whole procedure. The letter is addressed to the second party.
- First party: It is the property owner.
- Second-party: It is an individual seeking to buy the property.
- Third-party: The person who acts on the behalf of the property owner’s absence.
How to Write an Authorization Letter to Sell Property?
Most importantly, it should be written with the utmost care. Your letter should be simple, precise, and to the point. Be careful against any arguments and any litigation that may arise in the future due to misunderstanding. Below are the steps to write an effective authorization letter;
- Firstly, at the top left-hand corner of the page, write the name, date, and address.
- Just under the date, write the recipient’s name, address, and other related information.
- An authorization letter should be written in a formal tone. Start a letter with Dear, Mr. /Mrs. (name of the recipient). If you don’t know the name of the recipient, simply direct the letter to “To Whom It May Concern.”
- Next, there comes a body of letters. It must be single-spaced. Also, the paragraphs should not be intended.
- In the end, close your letter by affixing your signature followed by your name. You should also check the Letter of Authorization Template.
Free Authorization Letter to Sell Property
Authorization to Sell Property Sample
Letter of Authorization to Remove Property
Registered Owner Authorization Letter
Sample Agent Authorization Form
Important things to consider:
You should make sure to state the date on which the letter is in effect.
Responsibilities the representative is authorized to do:
Write the responsibilities you are authorizing your representative to do on your behalf. During authorizing the duties, be specific.
You should always type an authorization letter. The handwritten letter should be difficult to read and look less professional. You may also see Real Estate Contract Termination Letter.
In conclusion, an authorization letter to sell property is an effective tool to get the sale of a property. This letter is always addressed to the second party. It should be written carefully to prevent any miscommunications. The letter should be drafted by the property owner. If he may not be physically present to handle the transaction, you may authorize a friend, family, or a lawyer to handle the sale on his behalf. Moreover, the letter should be simple, concise, and to the point.