Different kinds of board resolution templates pass by the directors when there is a need to make decisions on the behalf of the company. For documenting these decisions, a board resolution template is used. However, all the decisions are relevant to the company’s affairs.
You can use a board resolution template for the following purposes;
- During a board of directors’ meeting, when you have to write a made decision.
- When the shareholders of a company made a decision and you have to document it.
Board resolution is a written record of the approved decisions and acts as a compliant document. Moreover, a sample board resolution may include a huge range of actions such as; You may also like Closing Business Letter Template.
- The hiring of new employees
- Selling shares of the company
- Buying a patent and other various decisions.
What are the different types of board resolution?
There are three main types of board resolution that are discussed below;
In this type of resolution, more than half or 50% of the directors attend the board meeting.
Here, more than half or 75% of the directors attend the board meeting. Surely, this percentage value is fully negotiable.
The resolution in which all the directors attend the board meeting is a unanimous resolution. So, it means all the directors are in the favor of the issue to pass.
Furthermore, the type of resolution to be used is identified by the terms in the constitution of the company or the shareholder’s agreement. Generally, an ordinary resolution is used regularly to pass daily decisions for the company’s operations. On the other hand, there is a need for a special type of resolution for serious issues such as changing or adopting the constitution of the organization. And, usually, there is no need for a unanimous resolution. You should also check the Business Proposal Cover Letter.
Resolution of Board of Directors Form
Free Printable Board Resolution Template
Corporate Board Resolution Template
Catalog of Board Resolutions
Board Resolution Template Word
Board Resolution Letter Sample
Board Resolution for Account Opening Sample
Board of Directors Corporate Resolution Form
How to write a board resolution template?
Here are some tips that will guide you in writing a board resolution;
- At first, enter the date and resolution number at the top of the page. You can use any number if it is your first resolution. You have to ensure that the succeeding numbers bear a consecutive number.
- Secondly, enter the title. The title informs you about the issue for which you are making a resolution.
- The next step is to write the body of the resolution. You should use formal language in the body. You have to use the word ‘whereas’ at the start of each paragraph as it is a legal document.
- Then, write every crucial statement of the resolution.
- After that, the final statement in the resolution is the final decision which the board has adopted. Try to write this statement in a simple way so that everyone can understand it.
- Next, at the bottom of the document, there is the list of board members who voted on the resolution however they voted yes or no.
- Also, provide a space for the signature of the board president and dates the document. You may also see Business Startup Budget Template.
- In the end, proofread it thoroughly before printing out the document.
In conclusion, the board resolution template is an official document that helps you to document important issues on company matters.