A weekly project status report template is a beneficial document required by the people who have to provide the raw materials and other demands of the project in certain weeks. This document is commonly used by the project managers, the project team, the clients of the project, and the suppliers. It is used to record and present the weekly status of projects. Furthermore, it informs the stakeholders whether or not the project is progressing with the project’s timeline and standards of quality.
Table of Contents
Functions of a Weekly Project Status Report:
There are important factors that should be considered while creating a weekly project status report. All the information regarding plans and process should be aligned, evaluated, and polished. This will make it easier for all the members involved in the project to provide their deliverable. It also helps in achieving the project objectives. Below are some functions of a weekly project status report;
- It defines the constraints that are faced by the project team. Constraints may include the project schedule, budget, workforce, and other deliverable. This allows the stakeholders to come up with simple plans that, make sure the scope of the project will not be affected by threats.
- It promotes a step-by-step and continuous manner of understanding of the current project. Along with the current project, it also informs the required changes when it comes to its requirements and demands. So, depending on the success and failures of the current week, the objectives of the next week period can be explained.
- This report provides detailed information of all the weekly achievements of the project team. These details act as reference for evaluating the level of development.
Significance of a Weekly Project Status Report:
The weekly project status report is used to keep all stakeholders are on the same page for the project’s current condition as well as the next steps. In this way, a better understanding can be developed between all the parties involved in the project. Moreover, this report is made to present not just the general status of the project, but also all the weekly updates such as;
- The project team,
- The suppliers of the project,
- Situation of the project stocks and inventory,
- Necessary calls to actions that should be done in order to face project constraints in an effective way.
The importance of developing the weekly project status report is listed below;
- With the help of this report, the project team can display the constraints that may affect the project and its development. Hence, the project team must be prepared for these constraints in order to minimize or eliminate that impact.
- A comprehensive report can minimize the evaluation scope of the project. You can easily determine the weak areas of the project. By knowing them, you can build up the dynamics, efficiency, productivity, and effectiveness of the project team.
How to create your own Weekly Status Project Report?
Here are some of the useful tips on making your own weekly project status report;
- Your project report should be aligned with the actual requirements and the condition of the project. It must contain accurate and precise information because on the basis of this report you may take next decision.
- Next, take credible and firsthand information. There are point persons that can provide you all information that you require.
- Outline the content of the report on a template given by the project head or the client. Furthermore, all the details should be presented in an organized and understandable way. In the end, summarize your findings to give an overview of the project condition. You may also see the expense report excel template.
Weekly Project Status Report Template for Managers
Sample of Weekly Report To My Manager
Sample Project Status Report Email
Executive Status Report Template
Project Status Report Template Excel Free Download
Weekly Project Status Monitoring and Recording Report Example
In conclusion, a weekly project status report template helps the entities involved in the project about their pending call to action and the future responsibilities that they will be assigned to. It presents the weekly general status of the project and all updates.