A promotion recommendation letter is generally written by a supervisor or a manager that outlines the suitability of an individual for promotion. However, a writer can take business references to explain why this individual is appropriate for this new position. With the help of this letter, a person can get a promotion in a company. A supervisor or a manager must be confident about the person’s abilities to take up the new position. Moreover, you should clearly explain the professional and personal skills of the employee you are recommending for promotion.
How to write a promotion recommendation letter?
Here are some tips that you follow during writing a promotion recommendation letter; You may also like Marketing Letter Template.
- At first, start your letter with a humble salutation and inform why you are writing this letter.
- Then, introduce yourself and your relationship with the company.
- Next, describes the person’s skills you are recommending for promotion. You should use certain reasons and examples to explain your points. State different situations when the employee demonstrated leadership to express that he has the ability to take up the new position. Furthermore, relate the employee’s professional skills to do the job.
- In the end, close the letter by offering any question related to an employee that you are recommending. Also, provide your contact details at the end of the letter.
How to format a promotion recommendation letter?
You can format your letter in an effective way with the help of the following steps;
Step#1: Firstly, in the heading include your name, contact details, and address at the top of the document. This is because the reader will know from whom the letter is. Then, write the date that when the letter was written. The recipient’s heading contains his/her name, company address, and his/her role in the company.
Step#2: The next step is the introduction paragraph. Here you have to answers the following questions;
- Why are you writing the letter?
- Why are you recommending this employee?
- What’s your role in the company?
- What is your relationship with the applicant?
In addition, select more than three qualities of an employee and discuss them in detail. You should use examples of past work to explain his/her qualities. You should also check the Collection Letter Template.
Step#3: In the 2nd and 3rd paragraph, highlights the employee’s qualities that you have mentioned in the 1st paragraph. Here you should specify that why the person you are recommending is the best fit for the new position. Moreover, emphasize how this person will help the company in achieving goals.
Step#4: In the end, conclude by remembering the applicant for promotion. Also, inform that you will provide more information about applicant capabilities if needed. You may also see the Business Proposal Cover Letter.
Air Force Promotion Recommendation Letter
Instructions & Checklist for Promotion Confirmation Letter
Nurse Promotion Recommendation Letter
Professor Promotion Recommendation Letter
Promotion Recommendation Letter for Manager
Promotion Recommendation Letter Sample
Free Promotion Recommendation Letter Template
Transfer and Promotion Confirmation Letter to Employee
In conclusion, a promotion recommendation letter is a powerful tool for the person you are recommending for promotion. You just have to follow the right format and include key points during writing a letter. Try to include positive remarks about the recommended person. Hence, all these remarks serve as reference checks for the employee. This letter also ensures that the person who is writing a letter (current manager of a company) has enough confidence in the person’s skills.