A furniture bill of sale form is a legal document that gives evidence of the legal sale and purchase of any specific furniture, indoor or outdoor. This document confirms that the transaction took place between the buyer and seller of the specific furniture. You can use this document for the sale of used and unused furniture.
At the point of purchase, the furniture bill of sale form is usually completed and issued to the buyer. It acts as a receipt to the buyer. For record-keeping purposes, the completed and signed furniture bill of sale form can be copied by the seller.
Table of Contents
When do you require a furniture bill of sale?
A furniture bill of sale is a document used to transfer property rights from the seller (an original owner) to the buyer (a new owner). While selling or buying used or new handcrafted furniture, this form comes in handy. Due to the following reasons, the furniture bill of sale form is important;
- This document proofs that the person selling the furniture is the original owner. It is important to have a legal document indicating how you acquired the products as you may not know the origin of the furniture. The bill of sale can be produced in court to prove you got the furniture legally.
- The bill of sale highlights the terms and conditions of the purchase. It also spell out the terms of the agreement. The buyer should also be aware of what they’re signing.
- If any disagreements that may arise after sealing the transaction, a furniture bill of sale will protect both the buyer and seller.
- Furthermore, the document also serves as a receipt to prove you’re the legal owner of the furniture. You should ensure that you keep the furniture bill of sale safely after the transaction. This is because you might be asked to prove ownership of the furniture.
- At the time of purchase, by listing the identifying features, the furniture bill of sale form singles out the specific piece of furniture. It secures the seller from any further liabilities regarding the maintenance of the piece of furniture.
- This document also sets an agreed-upon price in writing.
What should be included in a furniture bill of sale?
You may create a furniture bill of sale from scratch or download a template online and then customize it according to your desired need. The latter option is perfect as it’ll save you time. Also, you won’t miss out on any relevant information. The standard furniture bill of sale should include the following details;
- Seller’s name and address
- Buyer’s name and address
- Date and time of the purchase
- For the furniture, the agreed price
- The place where the purchase took place. The furniture bill of sale should contain information like the state, city, and zip code of the location the transaction took place.
- Form of payment either it is cash, check, credit card, or debit card
- As-is the clause. This clause acts as evidence that the buyer has agreed to purchase the furniture in its existing condition.
- The description of the furniture such as brand, color, type, condition serial number, and other essential details of the furniture.
- The buyer, seller, and witnesses signatures and printed names
After signing the form, the transaction is complete and the buyer has paid for the furniture. The seller will keep one copy of the form after signing the furniture bill of sale form and issue another to the buyer.
Fillable Furniture Bill of Sale Form
Free Furniture Bill of Sale Form
Furniture Bill of Sale Without Warranties Form
Printable Furniture Bill of Sale Form Template
Sofa Furniture Bill of Sale Form
In conclusion, a furniture bill of sale form is a document that builds and contains the details of a transaction between a seller and a buyer. The buyer should always request a furniture bill of sale form from the seller. This is because it is a written proof of purchase that acts as a receipt.