You can find a variety of different blank check template (Word, PDF) in all sorts of formats and file types on different websites like ours. We offer you a handful of different varieties. Because most of our templates here are very simple and have very manageable designs, you can easily customize them. And because we offer you so many different styles of these black check templates, you do not have to change them. If you do not want them modified, you can simply just download these templates and use them as they are.
But before you do that, we recommend that you keep reading this article in order to be more informed about what bank checks are, and what they mean. You will also learn about the different components and types of bank checks, and how you can right one by yourself in case you have no other choice. You may also see the deposit slip template.
So let us get straight to the point, and answer the mandatory question for you.
What are the Checks?
A check, also stylized as cheque, in simple words, is a document or a piece of paper that is given to a certain bank in order to draw out the amount of money specified on that piece of paper.
The way they work is very simple. When someone opens a new bank account, their associated bank hands them a checkbook, this checkbook has a certain number of pages of pre-printed checks that have the holders name and important information on them. These checks also have the bank information on them as well. You should also check the bank reconciliation template.
How Does Check Template Work?
Now, whenever that customer issues a signed check to someone, they become the check drawer or payor. And the person holding that signed check (and the specified amount of money on it) becomes the drawee or the payee. All the payee has to do now is go to the bank, and cash that check. They will receive that amount of money specified on the check (from the drawer’s bank account balance).
Types of Checks:
- Certified Check: as the name suggests, a certified check is a legal check that verifies all the boxes in order for it to be called “certified”. It ensures that the drawer has enough funds in their bank account for the check to be cashed, it also ensures that the drawer’s signature on the check is real.
- Cashier’s Check: a cashier’s check, in simple words, is done in a slightly broader way. It is basically done against the bank’s own money. So it ensures timely, and complete payment of the payee.
- Payroll Check: is possibly the simplest to understand, it is done by an employer company to pay their employee. That’s all there is to it.
- You may also see a business credit application template.
Banking With a Financial Institution Template
Blank Business Check Template
Blank Check Template Printable
Blank Check Template for Microsoft Word
Blank Cheque Template Editable
Business Check Template to Fill and Print
Check Writing Template for Microsoft Word
Direct Deposit Authorization Form
Fillable Blank Business Check Template
Free Fillable Blank Check Template
General Blank Check Template
Standardization of Customer’s Cheque Layout Template
Writing a Check Template
Different Components a Check Template Should Have
An ideal blank check template should have the following components in its templates for it to be a financially accepted check. It has to have:
- A space for adding the date.
- Space for the name of the payee and the payor.
- Space for the name of the bank (if it is not already present).
- A space for writing the amount of money to be cashed (in numbers).
- A space for writing the amount of money to be cashed (in words).
- A space for the signature of the payor. The check has to be signed by the payor in order to be legitimate.