A medical assistant cover letter is a document that is written to highlight a job applicant’s professional skills, work history, and experience relevant to a job role of a medical assistant. You have to highlight your professional abilities in order to perform a medical assistant’s administrative and record-keeping tasks. Moreover, this letter is an authority letter written that grabs the consideration of a likely manager.
Table of Contents
How to write an effective medical assistant cover letter?
Let us discuss below step-by-step on how to write an effective cover letter;
A medical assistant cover letter is a formal letter and thus has a header. Your name and contact information is included in the recipient.
Here, you have to address the recipient or manager by name. Keep in mind that you have to address the recipient formally.
First body paragraph
In the first paragraph of the body, specifies where you spotted the job opportunity and what makes you qualified for the position. Mention the following things in the first paragraph;
- The reason for sending the resume: providing the reasons that why you want the medical assistant position in the first body paragraph of this letter is highly recommended. You should also indicate the position you are applying for.
- Your knowledge regarding job/company: in this section, indicate how much you know about the company you are applying to and the job position (a medical assistant) you want.
- Speak about your interest in the company: in the first paragraph, you have to go beyond just stating what everyone knows about the company. It would help you in specifying that as an aspiring medical assistant how their values and ethics impact your professional goals. This will indicate to the employer that you have a genuine interest in the job.
Second body paragraph
In the second paragraph, indicates all your qualifications and experiences relevant to being a medical assistant. You may also like Cover Letter for Internship.
- Speak about achievements: to highlight all your qualifications and accomplishments/skills, it would be best to mention where you studied and graduated from. Try to elaborate on that for the medical assistant job how all that helped prepare and shape you. Furthermore, you can specify all your internship programs that assist your potential employer in understanding your level of experience.
- Your contribution to the company: other than just mentioning your qualifications and experiences, you should state that how you plan to better the workplace by applying your knowledge.
The closing paragraph of your medical assistant cover letter should include the following;
- Request an interview: you should ask for an interview intelligently and politely, it would help you. Don’t state it directly because the employer will view it as disrespectful. However, you can suggest that for more information about yourself and your professional character, an interview would be the best option. This is also a way of presenting confidence.
- With a thank you, close politely: at the end, don’t forget to thank the manager or recipient of the letter. While you close the letter, make sure that you remain professional and polite. Also, try to void using informal language or emoticons. In order to maintain a formal and polite closing, use phrases such as “Sincerely” or “Regards.”
- Professional sign-off: sign off professionally in the final part and add your full name and contact information at the end.
- Proofread/edit: at this point, to avoid any spelling and grammar mistakes, you should proofread and edit your cover letter. In addition to this, make sure that it is about one page or less.
Free Medical Assistant Cover Letter Template
Medical Assistant Cover Letter Sample
Medical Assistant Cover Letter
Professional Medical Assistant Cover Letter
In conclusion, the main purpose of composing a medical assistant cover letter is to grab the manager’s attention or recipient of the letter to increase your chances of getting hired. It is recommended that you should follow the 3-paragraph format when writing the letter.