An equipment bill of sale form template is a great general use document that allows the transfer of machinery or equipment from a vendor to a purchaser. This document serves as a voucher for the purchase. In addition, it is a legal document that governs the transaction.
The pieces of equipment that can be purchased from this document include;
- Kitchen equipment such as appliances, cookware, etc.
- Office tools and machines such as printers, projectors, etc.
- Entertainment equipment like sound systems, stages, etc.
- Home use equipment and machineries like tool sets, snow bowlers, and ladders.
If you make an equipment bill of sale from scratch it takes more time and effort. Therefore, you should use templates; they will save your time and effort. You have to select the template that has enough space to fill in details. You may also like Equipment Register Template.
What essential details should include in the equipment bill of sale?
Both seller and buyer should include the following details in the equipment bill of sale;
- Both seller and buyer name and legal address.
- The seller should include the information related to equipment such as make, model, registration number, and serial number.
- Next, the document includes the agreed price of equipment along with relevant taxes. The total amount must be written both in words and numbers.
- Mention the mode of payment e.g., cash, deposit, check, etc. If the buyer pays in installment then also write appropriate dates.
- Information that identifies the equipment such as size, features, designs, and other relevant information.
- VIN (Vehicle Identification Number)
- Date of the sale
- Original or former owner
- Signatures and printed names of buyers, sellers, and witnesses.
Moreover, the document should also contain the as-is clause to show that the purchaser has bought the equipment in its current condition. This statement protects the seller from future refunds if the equipment turns faulty. However, before signing the document purchaser should thoroughly read the terms and conditions of sale.
Agriculture Equipment Bill of Sale Form
Equipment Bill of Sale Template Word
Free Equipment Bill of Sale Form Template
Free Printable Equipment Bill of Sale Form
Heavy Equipment Bill of Sale Form
Used Equipment Bill of Sale Agreement Form
Vending Equipment Bill of Sale Form
How do you make use of an equipment bill of sale?
At first, ask the seller to give an equipment serial number. After getting the serial number, call the manufacturer and confirm the authenticity of the equipment. Once you have confirmed the authenticity ask the seller to generate the bill of sale for equipment.
When you have identified that you are buying original equipment from the right owner, it’s time to determine that the equipment is in the right condition. For this purpose, you have to work with experienced professionals. You should also check Purchase Order Template.
Next, when you have made sure that the equipment is in perfect condition, you should proceed further and pay for the equipment. You should pay the cash payments to avoid the chances of fraud. Furthermore, sign two copies for the bill of sale, one for you and the other for the seller.
In conclusion, the equipment bill of sale form template is a useful document for both seller and buyer because it protects them both from future conflicts.