A project change request template is a part of the change management process. It is a discipline that assists project leaders to prepare, equip, and support change. This template gives you a good foundation for managing project change requests. In addition, it’s a formal request that takes place after the parameters of the project have been agreed to. This change request template includes information such as;
- Description of the change.
- The reason behind the change.
- Part for impact analysis.
- A place where you have recorded the decision regarding the request.
- Lastly, the signature of the person who approved the change.
- You may also like the projected income statement template.
Table of Contents
Why the Project Change Request Template is important?
The project change request template is the most significant document in the change control process. It provides you a single path for requesting a change. Change occurs definitely and if you don’t respond to it then it can derail the project. Therefore, it’s better to address the change as soon as possible. The change request template is the first step towards gathered the data. This data helps you to determine how you deal with change. Moreover, in your workflow, it doesn’t create any difficulty or problem.
Types of project change request:
There are generally two types of project change requests.
- Inside the scope
- Outside the scope
An inside scope project change is one that includes small corrections to the current requirement. It makes little impact on cost and schedule. On the other hand, outside the scope project change takes time to implement. Also, it will have a huge impact on several aspects of the project. You may also see the project management timeline template.
What information is needed to complete the template?
To complete a template you have to provide the following information such as;
- Project name: At first, you have to provide the name of the project. As it’s part of a program of any project.
- Change request number: If there is more than one change then give them a number. This will surely help you to keep track of each without any trouble.
- Requested by: This section contains the name of a person who is asking for change.
- Dated: Mention the date when you have submitted the request.
- Contact information: Next, provide the contact number and email address of the person who requested the change.
- Priority: Prioritize your change whether it’s high, medium, or low.
- Impacts: How it will change the schedule, budget, and quality of deliverables.
- Date required: On which date change must occur.
- Approval of the request: Provide the name of the person who will approve the request.
- Estimated cost: How much cost will require for change?
- Comments: Further information that is not included above.
- Sign: After that, when you have all done with the above information, the appropriate parties must sign off on it. You should also check the project management template.
Supporting Change Request Form
Project Change Request Template
Project Change Request Template Excel
Printable Project Change Request Form Template
IT Change Request Form Template
Free Change Request Log Template
Change Request Form Project Management
Change Management Log Template
In conclusion, the project change request template is a helpful tool that helps you to see what kind of change you are dealing with. Moreover, it tells you how the change will impact the project. It’s a path to manage the process by recording the relevant information.