A monthly timesheet template is used by the manager to keep a record of the time taken by an employee to work on a certain project. For a large organization, it is difficult to keep track of what every employee is doing and where they are spending more time. Hence, monthly timesheets provide a solution to problems that can affect the overall functionality of the organization. It also helps in improving employee productivity.
If any HR wants to ensure maximum employee productivity, then inform the employees that they are responsible for the time they spend on a project. Moreover, monthly timesheets allow you to promote transparency and the payroll process and ensure that your employees are well-organized. You may also like the Employee Timesheet Template.
Components of a monthly timesheet template:
- Identification number
- Row for each day of the week
- A list of projects assigned to the employee
- Start and ending time
- Overtime hours
- Sick leave
- To prove the accuracy of the information provided in the timesheet, affix the signatures of both the supervisor and the employee.
How to fill out timesheets on time from your employees?
You should download preformatted monthly timesheet templates; they can surely make your work easy. When preparing payroll, they make it easier for you to analyze and compile the data for use. Here are some tips that will get your employees to fill out the timesheets on time;
At first, start from top-level employees. Make sure that they are using timesheets in their everyday work. When you start from the top, the employee can feel a sense of urgency to use this sheet. Also, it promotes a positive attitude towards the use of the timesheets.
Due to the advancement of technology, most organizations share their timesheets on a workspace such as a Google doc or Dropbox. In this way, the employees can fill and submit their timesheets on time. Some companies email the timesheets to their employees.
Next, while collecting timesheets make sure that you set the deadline for the submission of the timesheets, forms are signed, and use a standard format.
In your workplace, promote a culture of transparency. You can do this by making sure that each employee receives the worksheet. This will improve the overall performance of your employees.
Most importantly, only allow the manager to assign the projects to the employees. Also, ensure that the projects are equally distributed among the employees based on the strengths or weaknesses of the employees. You should also check Time Card Template.
Basic Monthly Timesheet Template
Consultant Monthly Timesheet Template
Contractor Monthly Timesheet Template
Education Monthly Timesheet Template
Free Printable Monthly Timesheet Template
Monthly Staff Timesheet Template
Monthly Timesheet Template Word
Sample Monthly Timesheet Form
Semi-Monthly Timesheet Template
Student Monthly Timesheet Template Excel
Weekly Timesheet for Employees
Benefits of using monthly timesheets:
Some of the benefits of using monthly timesheets are as follow;
- With the help of timesheets, you can assure your clients that their projects are managed effectively and their money has been put to good use. Furthermore, it will make you able to bill more accurately.
- The timesheets record how many hours an employee has put in handling a project. Hence, it is the best way to avoid payroll disputes among the employer and the employee as this sheet offers a clear record of the hours worked.
- By using monthly timesheets, you know how much has been used on a project or how much needs to be spent. It enables you to tell either you are making a loss or profit off a project. However, it is important to keep a record of time and money being spent on the project, especially for prepaid projects.
- Moreover, by compiling the data, you can know how much time a certain project needs for completion.
- It provides you an insight into the project’s progress. You may also see the Consultant Invoice Template.
In conclusion, a monthly timesheet template is well-tailored and makes sure that the process is easy for the employees to use. It also makes it easier for the employer to identify and compile the data for use when preparing payrolls. In addition, by using timesheets, employees can manage their time well.