A rental receipt template (Word, PDF, Excel) as well as recognized as “RENTAL INVOICE” is a document that reports & proves rent payment(s). Various countries & states will have different systems on rent receipts however even if it is not necessary by rule to give your occupants with a receipt. It is a fine practice to offer one anyway. Should a dispute happen, keeping evidence of all rental payments may assist you in sorting out issues. You may also like a car lease agreement template.
In the USA, numerous states will oblige landowners to furnish inhabitants with a receipt. In the event that your rental receipt template is situated in one of such states, then you are required to furnish occupants with receipts, for nothing out of pocket, at whatever point you are inquired. This guideline additionally applies to previous inhabitants who can ask for invoices inside one year from a moving out date.
Unnecessary to say, both landlords & tenants should keep a copy of the receipt for their records. You may also see a car sale invoice template.
Additional Reading: The Importance of Rent Receipts for Landlords and Tenants
Key Information on Rental Receipt Template
What detail should be given on the rental receipt form? Here is a few key information you should comprise:
- Date of Payment
- The name of the landlord (with or without corporation stamp)
- The address of the assets being rented
- Tenant’s Name
- Rental period
- The amount got (this can be for rent, rent deposit, utilities, or any other amount got by the landlord)
Landlord’s name (or name of the company)
You should also check the Security Deposit Return Letter.
Free Rental Receipt Template
House Rent Receipt Template Format PDF
Free Fillable Rent Receipt Template
Printable Rent Receipt Template
Download Car Rental Receipt Template Excel
Rental Payment Receipt Example
Some rental invoices may as well as include:
- Method and techniques of payment (cash, credit card, cash or money order)
- “Paid by”, for the state of affairs where invoices are frequently paid by somebody other than the tenant
- “Received by”, for situations where a few one other than the landlord gets the payment
- Balance due, for rentals where incomplete payment is accepted.