We offer you a 15+ free rent increase letter template word so that you don’t have to write one yourself.
Suppose you are a landlord, you have the authority to increase the rent of your tenant and not abuse it. Before doing it, you have to send a rent increase letter template to the tenant and give them a proper reason and explanation. Landlords cannot, and should not increase their rent without an appropriate agreement. You may also like Security Deposit Return Letter.
Table of Contents
What is a Rent Increase letter Template?
Landlords usually increase their rents because of some economic or financial problems that they are facing. Rental increase letters are written before increasing the rent of a tenant to inform them of it. A landlord should send this letter before the tenant’s current rent duration expires.
What Should a Rent Increase Letter Have?
Now before writing a rent increase letter, a landlord should know how to write it. You can use one of our many rent increase letter templates we have for you here to get you started. You should also check the Rental Property Expenses Spreadsheet.
However, if you still decide to write rent increase letter, you have to make sure your letter has the following points:
- It would help if you mentioned the tenet’s name in the letter. The tenant will read the letter, so their name should be mentioned.
- Make sure you write the letter in a positive note.
- Write the reason for increasing the rent of the property, and you need to tell them precisely in a friendly way so that he won’t feel uncomfortable.
- Now that you have told them about increasing the rent, you need to tell them the amount of rent you are increasing. It should not be more than a certain limit. You need to know the tenant’s expenses. Increase the rent to a limit that he can afford easily and is comfortable paying.
- At the end, you need to check the tone and language of the letter, it should be in a professional way, and it should be polite. But don’t be too friendly.
Being a landlord, you have to follow a standard of the procedure, and you cannot force the tenants to pay you more rent. You can neither demand an increase in the rent unless before sending a proper rent increase letter template. It means proper written notice should be given to the tenant because that is what is legally required of you. You may also see Real Estate Letterhead Template.
30 Day Rent Increase Letter to Tenant
60 Day Notice of Rent Increase Form
Commercial Rent Increase Letter
Friendly Rent Increase Letter Sample
Friendly Rent Increase Letter Template
Tenants can reject the increase in rent; they have all the right to do that because they are just like customers. Suppose you have a shop; your highest priority is your customers and their needs and demands. Just like that, your tenants are customers, and you are the shopkeeper, you need to make them feel comfortable and easy.
So you will try to sell them the best thing you have and make them feel easy on your property. There is a famous saying: “Customer is always right.”
Nice Rent Increase Letter
Notice of Mobile Home Park Lot Rent Increase
Notice of Rent Increase Letter Sample
Rent Increase Letter Doc
Rent Increase Notice Sample
Rent Increase Notice Template
Rent Increase Template
Sample Letter of Rent Increase from Landlord
Sample Letter to Raise Rent
Sample Rent Increase Letter
Additional Reading: How to Write a Rent Increase Letter? (link)
What our Rent Increase Letter Templates offer you:
On this website offers, you rent increase letter templates. All our templates are simple and easy to use. All you have to do is download them and modify them accordingly. And the best thing is that all of the rent increase letter templates are completely free.